Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By viscomjim
#39910 99% of what is on this entire forum and others like it, Hack a day, Instructables, etc. could be done better and for less. Where is the fun in that? This project could easily be eclipsed by an android or even windows 10 tablet, and for way less money and effort.

Definition of hobby
plural hobbies
: an interest or activity engaged in for pleasure

I spent a ton of time, money and effort to build a project as a gift,

http://www.instructables.com/id/An-anti ... /?ALLSTEPS

I could easily have purchased for less and probably a much better product. However, I don't think it would have had the same impact for the recipient, and myself.

So yes, could be purchased, but this project is an awesome combination of modules, code, and effort, with an awesome result. Plus the knowledge bomb that was set off is invaluable to many.

Thanks for sharing this project!!!!!
By cwilt
#39912 I think you are taking my question and reply the wrong way. Anything you build yourself is worth while. My first projects were with tubes so I have been doing this for a long time and know the value of every success and failure.

No harm intended.
By viscomjim
#39915 I apologize for the rant cwilt. I have spent a lot of time, effort and unfortunately money on my new hobby, electronics, including the esp and umite. I have heard too many times, "why don't you just... instead of trying to build it?" This project is, in my opinion, the best I've seem so far using the espbasic port and another BASIC uController, and seems to have taken quite a bit of effort. I assumed your were saying that this would have been better suited to a "purchased" solution. Again, I apologize and meant nothing negative toward your post at all!

You do have a leg up on a lot of hobbyists I know, including myself, as I have never used tubes before... I have always been intrigued to do something like this...

http://www.glow-audio.com/AmpOne.html

Have a great evening!!!
By cwilt
viscomjim wrote:I apologize for the rant cwilt. I have spent a lot of time, effort and unfortunately money on my new hobby, electronics, including the esp and umite. I have heard too many times, "why don't you just... instead of trying to build it?" This project is, in my opinion, the best I've seem so far using the espbasic port and another BASIC uController, and seems to have taken quite a bit of effort. I assumed your were saying that this would have been better suited to a "purchased" solution. Again, I apologize and meant nothing negative toward your post at all!

You do have a leg up on a lot of hobbyists I know, including myself, as I have never used tubes before... I have always been intrigued to do something like this...

http://www.glow-audio.com/AmpOne.html

Have a great evening!!!

I understand your point of view. This is one of the best examples so far and I think its just getting started.

I built tube audio amps as a teenager. Do it. There is a "warmth" from them that you will not here from todays sterile digital amps. :)