Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Ecoli-557
#54821 Yes, that is why just before you access the port expander - or anything - you MUST insert the spi.setfrequency (speed) before you set anything's chip select BUT the TFT.
It works fine for now at this basic version build

I emailed Mike and spoke to him many times while doing this little learning project (he was great at showing what was wrong with my philosophy), and I believe he will add code within the TFT library to do the spi switching in there as opposed to us doing it outside which will be great!
However all of us want the cool and easy stuff for us, but He is but one guy and he is working his ass off to make basic useful (his word) and I for one wish I could do more besides find 'bugs' and push the ESP as far as I can ;). I can and have at least, added to his 'beer fund' to try to compensate for his time.
He has a 'real' job which does a great service to the Country so he does what he does in spare time, which is tight I am sure.
While he is not as comfortable reading datasheets or getting into the finer aspects of chip registers as you and I are, he is learning and wants to learn.
And while I dont know him well I would believe he would be great to work with on any large-scale project.
In several conversations he has indicated how frustrated he is trying to work within the constraints of the SDK provided. I can only imagine as I no longer want to or do high-level code - more comfortable further down where I can have complete control over the hardware as you and I do 8-).
I do believe ESPbasic will get better and better and Mike doing stuff like he just did to trim ver3 for the 01 users tells me he is way more committed than I think I would be.

Give it time and it will only get better, as close to a guarantee as I can offer :D.
By hajo
#57939 Hi,

unfortunately I git the following error:

Tried to call unknown built-in function!

I get iti even, if I only call ftp.rgb(10,10,10). I guess I make a very basic fault. Those are difficult to find. Can you help me?

Thanks,

Hajo