Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By robert badiduwitz
#61995 This may or may not help, but worth a shot. Whenever I had really unexpected reboots, crashes, etc., a good amount of times it was power related. It might be worth it just to check your supply and what usually worked for me was adding a 470uf or so larger cap and a smaller like .1uf cap close to the power pins. It surprised me many times that this fixed so many of my reboot and crash problems. Just a thought...
By Aussie_Barry
#61996 UPDATE...

I reflashed the nodeMCU with the 1M build and the load program worked flawlessly!
I have no idea why BUT it fixed the immediate problem HOWEVER when running ESP Basic in 1M build mode, there is no "DEBUG" facility which I use systematically :(

Does this snippet of information help anyone to determine the root cause of the problem?

Cheers
Barry
VK2XBP
By Aussie_Barry
robert badiduwitz wrote:This may or may not help, but worth a shot. Whenever I had really unexpected reboots, crashes, etc., a good amount of times it was power related. It might be worth it just to check your supply and what usually worked for me was adding a 470uf or so larger cap and a smaller like .1uf cap close to the power pins. It surprised me many times that this fixed so many of my reboot and crash problems. Just a thought...

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your suggestion. I made the appropriate mods across the +5V (Vin) and GND pins on the nodeMCU but it made no difference. As a power source, I have used the USB output from my laptop, a USB charger and a bench power supply - all to no avail :(

Cheers
Barry
VK2XBP
By Electroguard
#61998 If the 1Mb reflash resolved your problem, then it shows that either the previous 4Mb build had been corrupted, or else the script needs more memory than is available on the 4Mb build.
The simple way of finding out which, is to reflash with 4Mb again.
If it still misbehaves on a fresh 4Mb then you're running out of memory, so you're going to have to somehow reduce memory usage (eg: reduce branch and var names to minimal abbreviations) if you want to be able to use debug on 4Mb.