Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#57909 correct ;) sorry I missed the question been busy with other projects before winter so I hardly visit the forums here anymore going to be a while for me before I get back into this. Alt Energy and electronics repairs has been consuming the better parts of my days.

Glad to see you got it take care!
By Charles S
#72828 Thanks for the example. I look forward to trying this. One question though. As a newbie, how do you change the address? Looks like your using "172.16.0.112". I tried typing that into the settings and saving it, but the address, keeps changing back to "192.168.4.1". I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Someone, please set me straight.

Thanks
By forlotto
#72841 When you enter your static IP info be sure that it is on the same subnet and an allowed IP range of your router.

Most often it is 192.168.1.x Sometimes it is 192.168.0.x also make sure the subnet is 255.255.255.0 this would be typical.

If you are having trouble saving changes try and save it a couple of times consecutively.

I guess I am not entirely sure how you are doing the ESP to ESP communication whether you are using WGET and msgbranch or something different I'm kinda rusty myself been wrapped up in other projects around the house I got enough projects that I could take off work for a few weeks and still probably not get them all finished lol but it is all fun stuff I wannna do little at a time.
By Charles S
forlotto wrote:When you enter your static IP info be sure that it is on the same subnet and an allowed IP range of your router.

Most often it is 192.168.1.x Sometimes it is 192.168.0.x also make sure the subnet is 255.255.255.0 this would be typical.

If you are having trouble saving changes try and save it a couple of times consecutively.

I guess I am not entirely sure how you are doing the ESP to ESP communication whether you are using WGET and msgbranch or something different I'm kinda rusty myself been wrapped up in other projects around the house I got enough projects that I could take off work for a few weeks and still probably not get them all finished lol but it is all fun stuff I wannna do little at a time.

Thank you for the quick reply. What I would like to do, is have one ESP as the AP, and another as a station (if that's possible... ie. no router). Obviously, both ESP's can't have the same address ("192.168.4.1"). If I change the station to something like "192.168.4.2" will that work? If it will, how do I change the ip address to "192.168.4.2"? Anyway, that's my thought process. :)