Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#56800 Very well done ardhuru, there aren't many that could come up with all the different aspects to create such a well-rounded and presentable project. I wish I was at the tidy up rough edges point, but unfortunately I'm still at the 'bag of bits' stage. Thanks for the info and feedback, cos hopefully I will eventually be needing a decent user interface to bring everything together, and you have shown me that App Inventor isn't necessarily the best direction to aim in.
By ardhuru
#56821 Aphawk, Electroguard, thanks for the appreciation.

I hope you find it useful. Would love a feedback if you guys get down to trying it.

I too started off with Appinventor in the old days when Google owned it, and found it fairly easy to use, but there were some limitations (wonder if they're still there) I didnt care for. Like the compiled apk size used to be too large even for simple tasks, and you couldn't relocate the apk to the SD card.

Overall, Id say I'm happy with the B4A purchase. And like I said earlier, I am nowhere close to exploiting its full potential, but from the accolades the developer gets on their forums its a gem.

Your idea of creating a GUI for displaying the status of various sensors, and controlling things is great. And very doable with B4A.
By Electroguard
#56897 So what is the hardware in the picture ardhuru, is that proprietary or homebrew?

And the gpio pin usage wasn't what I expected, so what ESP are you using?

The reason I'm asking is cos I try to avoid using any of the 'control' gpio's as switch inputs in case they just happen to be in a 'sods law' condition to prevent the ESP rebooting back into 'normal' operating mode after any unexpected power resets etc.