Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#36439 This is true but the fact of the matter is all of these older phones would do the trick and I'd bet you have one laying around the house for free lol just saying I believe I may have a couple of them older ones pretty interesting thought china tab or not to repurpose stuff is always a great thing to do whenever possible in the throw away society we live in.
By shah
#39160 I have got 1602 with i2c module working with Arduino Uno/Mega using LiquidCrysal_i2c library. It was fairly easy. I want to get it working with ESP8266 (NodeMCU 12E). But the question I have is where do I hook up the SDA and SCL lines from the 1602. In Uno and Mega there are dedicated pins, which pins can I use in ESP8266. Any digital pin? If so, how do I tell the library which pins are to be used for SDA/SCL?
By Mmiscool
#39197 gpio 0 and 2 are used for i2c.

On the node mcu they are labeled as d3 and d4.
By shah
Mmiscool wrote:gpio 0 and 2 are used for i2c.

On the node mcu they are labeled as d3 and d4.

Thanks for your reply. I tried it out. I connected SDA and SCL on d3 and d4, as well as other way around, but it didn't work. I am guessing somewhere in the library I have to specify the pins where SDA and SCL are located for it to perform I2C operations? I am using Wire.h and LiquidCrystal_I2C.h in my program. One of these probably need to be updated?