Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#34598 Changed the code bit on the back-light on off command to turn the variable or value in to an int before compare to prevent numbers with floating point from not triggering. Functionally the command is the same.

Documentation published here
http://www.esp8266basic.com/oled--lcd-d ... mands.html

if (Param0 == "lcdbl")
{
if (GetMeThatVar(Param1).toInt() == 1)
{
lcd.backlight();
}
else
{
lcd.noBacklight();
}
return;
}
By forlotto
#36292 You know what really gets me is all of these phones that are older that are just thrown in the trash for me it would be of interest to see someone with the brains to put some of the LCD's from these old phones in to play.
By Jokkepappa
forlotto wrote:You know what really gets me is all of these phones that are older that are just thrown in the trash for me it would be of interest to see someone with the brains to put some of the LCD's from these old phones in to play.

That it's true. Also phones have so much more than just the lcd. Any phone newer than 7 years will have decent camera. Bit olders even VGA camera. Ofc controlling those and really using them is not going to be easy. But it's still something we'll see at some point (Not necessarily on ESPBasic.) Just would like to see all this stuff getting into use instead of being thrown away.
By Mmiscool
#36384 35$ cheap Chinese tablets are ez to stick on the wall near where all the light switches use to be. Plus they have front facing cameras and with the addition of one app and an ftp server some where can be used for motion activated security system.