Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#35030 I think the keyboard is an interesting addition to this you pretty much have the makings of a PC more or less its nuts what can be done these days but to be honest I think we should do more in our generation than we are currently we have all of this power and knowledge at the tips of our fingers just waiting to be called upon and used yet we waste so many hours absorbing low budget comedy sketches, video games, posting that we ran out of TP on facebook etc...

pretty nifty now if you could do the reverse turn the nodemcu into a wifi keyboard that will work with any computer you enable it on in your home you may have something a bit more up my alley ;)

Very interesting thing after chatting about this I dunno why but it reminded me of gumstix from about 6-7 years ago I recall looking into it... Kind of an interesting deal back then haven't checked into it though for years.

I might see what I can do I suppose I could cut up a ps2 keyboard and toss some dupont pigtails on there and hook it up to the nodemcu if there were a pinout and report back. It is an interesting attempt at something I do wonder though if their are any long term goals you have in mind with keyboard support or if you are doing it for the do its which to me is still cool just showing what is possible with basic contributes to the vastness of things that can be done with basic.

OK I got the 5v and Ground part but where would clock and data go on the nodemcu...

You are saying pin 12 and pin 12 but you got me on that one or is the arduino a requirement for this one kind of a vague description for testing for me at least but if it can't be done on the node I am going to have to pass in this case still got quite a bit to figure out with basic as it is lol! still trying to figure out a few things but starting to sink in bit by bit so no worries.