Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#39339 Interesting presets volume is at 8 and radio station 94.2

Any particulars for this one possibly a favorite radio station or something for the station 8 errr I suppose that's about half volume as well ...

Hrmmmm 98 would be the half way mark for stations....

So technically a guy could make his own buttons for presets as well I dig this project still listen to FM in the car and in the shower with a shower radio and sometimes at work or just kicking around the house.

This would be cool make a radio to censor or block the stations you dislike and use that radio on the job lol I can't help it this radio will only pick up certain stations lol boy imagine having that ability about 10yrs ago could have saved my self a lot of headache listening to crap stations back in the day because other people wanted to hear that instead errrr sorry this radio don't tune that station would have been a thing to have.

Thanks for sharing.

16bit mode meaning the DAC operates at 16bit or something else that I am missing?
By luc VdV
#39370 One (or more) buttons with a preset can be inserted without problems.
insert button "Preset1" [Preset1] in the routine [BuildPage] and add
[Preset1]
freq=95.2
goto [BuildPage]

to the code.

forlotto wrote:16bit mode meaning the DAC operates at 16bit or something else that I am missing?

16 bits means the RDA5807 chip works with 16bit registers for writing and reading, so for each register I had to use a Hi and a Lo variable because i2c.write and i2c.read instructions are working with a single value (1 character= 8 bits)
By forlotto
#39406 Now I get it I'd bet it be quite a bit more snappy yes of course presets well be rather interesting all the functions of a radio in an itty bitty package excellent. Again thanks a ton for sharing.
By forlotto
#39521 I believe a space is required between for example

freq = 107.5

There may have been an update I missed where this was changed but as far as I know spaces are required between valuename"space"="space"value of value name

but for all purposes I get that it is possible.