Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#42591 Hrmmm very interesting.

As far as interference goes I haven't noticed any and I got my device in a ball of wires basically all 110v.

Nice project though cant wait to see more examples like it learn more stuff every day try to help where I can.
By santo
#42640 I've only used this configuration for a router that draws less than half an amp. And since the router is nearby, there is no trouble connecting to it. No loss of signal is observed. But honestly, I would not use that small relay for a high current appliance. I would use a larger relay or an SSR. I wouldn't try to pack the ESP in with the relay but would have the ESP in it's own case away from the high voltage circuit. I'm currently working on a remote hot water heater controller. The hot water tank draws about 15 to 20 amps. I'm using a 50 amp SSR in it's own metal ULC and CSA approved metal box/disconnect switch box. The ESP module is in it's own plastic box and only the lines used to trigger the SSR come out of the plastic box and into the metal disconnect box. I'll post pictures once I'm done.