Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#42521 indeed security does have a degree of importance I never want that to be forgotten about really it could mean the difference between someone breaking into your home or your house burning down because you turned your small portable heater off and set it by your curtain the next morning before work so it is out of the way and some would be hacker believed he was just possibly turning your lights on when in fact he just burnt your house down without even knowing what he did a little bit of curiosity and mischief lies in just about every human being I have encountered. For some it just takes a bit longer to see it.

Finally, I will note I have addressed this topic in the beginners guide to kind of raise an awareness of security and things you can do to better protect yourself.

MMISCOOL ... It would be nice to see an example of password protection out there for public consumption within a program for instance maybe an led blink that is password protected that should suffice there is a place holder within the beginners guide for this code which you can update or I can update just curious on a simple and effective code example.
By Mmiscool
#42524 an example would be as follows.

Code: Select allmySuperSecretPassword$ = "test"
passwordbox pass$
print
button "ON" [turnon]
button "OFF" [turnoff]
wait

[turnon]
if pass$ == mySuperSecretPassword$ then io(po,d4,0)
pass$ = ""
wait

[turnoff]
if pass$ == mySuperSecretPassword$ then io(po,d4,1)
pass$ = ""
wait