General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Edi
ardhuru wrote:since IE works quite fast on the same machine, cant we assume the problem is with FF, rather than any Windows parameters? I'm on Windows 7, incidentally.

This is the "joke": the Internet-Explorer (some versions, but not all) are byepassing the Windows-error on their own!
But it is a Windows-error, not a Firefox-error!

So, if you use the IE, it may be, that everything works good and fast, even without fixing the registry.
But only if you fix the registry, all other Browsers will work fast.

ardhuru wrote: I have a number of entries here under TCPip\Interface; how do I determin which one my TpLink adapter is using? I couldnt figure it out from its properties.

Go to the hardware-manager, without connected TpLink-adapter.
Then connect it an see the new entry in the manager.
Then do a right click and look in the Tabs for the identification-Number.
Note this Number, you should find it again in the registry.

Englisch is not my mother language, can't everything explain in better words, so I hope you understand the way.
By ardhuru
#59602 Thank you very much Edi, my friend!

That worked beautifully. I'm sure it will benefit all the folks using this combo of Firefox and ESP8266basic.

Thanks again.
By Edi
#59609 Thanks for the kind words, ardhuru, I'm glad to hear, it solved your problem!

Indeed, the issue with the delayed ACK under Windows is such a fundamental thing (and so frustrating), that I strongely suggest, it should definitely included into the dokumentation!

Btw.: Even Android has this problem, but there it is not so heavy, because the delay is much shorter.
Shurely, one could fasten the speed a good piece, if one would solve the issue for Android, but I have no informations, how to do it there.

For Windows: I think, the best way to make it easy for the Users, would be, if Mmiscool would integrate the fix into the Flasher.
One additional Button: "Switch off delayed ACK".
Or an other way: To include a script for the job. After first start of the Flasher, there could appear a batchfile that makes the job. The batchfile could set a restoring point, before modify the registry.
Only suggestions of me, but because shurely half of the Windows-users have this problem, it seems important for me, to inform an support them in this issue.
By ardhuru
Edi wrote:Indeed, the issue with the delayed ACK under Windows is such a fundamental thing (and so frustrating), that I strongely suggest, it should definitely included into the dokumentation![/b].

I completely agrre. I think this is important enough to be a sticky; Michael?