General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By stern0m1
#57474 I connect me Keurig machine to a esp8266 to be able to turn on remotely. The machine has a push that turns it on and off so I connect a relay to those 2 wires.

My question how can I detect if the machine is on already?
Thanks
By Mmiscool
#57476 Dose the machine have any LEDs that indicate its current status ?

If it dose you could use that as a signal for the esp to know what state the machine is in.
By Luc Volders
#57730 I have done something like you need but in a different way.

I made a relay box which has 2 extra buttons.
First button is for choosing Manual Override
Second button is for on and off.

So remotely you can put on a lightstrip or anything else you like (like your Keurig).
But if anyone is at home they can manually override.

The advantage is in the fact that if you are not at home the people who are can use the machine (light etc etc) anyway they like. And You will see on the web-page if the machine is operated manually.
When not operated manually you can operate it remotely.

This can be adapted to many other things and could even be build in in a machine (a lot of room is taken by the build in power supply). However when used externally you do not have to modify the machine and void the warranty.

Now there is one flaw.
It is not written in Basic (it's in Lua) but can be adapted easily as the code is very easy.

You can find my write up on this here:
http://lucstechblog.blogspot.nl/2016/09 ... erver.html

Luc
By RyanC
#57751 I can think of two ways of electronically sensing whether this machine is on. The first involves breaking into your Keurig with a screwdriver, at which point, anything is possible. The second involves having a little box in between the wall outlet and the Keurig which would detect current going through it. There are several ways of doing this box, some easier than others. Let me know if you want more info on that.