General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Oldbod
#61735 It's all helpful stuff. I'm gradually beginning to get a (very faint) grasp on how the compiler etc works. I'm sure that there must be a document somewhere that says how library things are resolved - I'd expect it to go something like app specific version first, then board specific then generic. I found a bit about prototypes earlier, but hadn't appreciated the signifigance of file processing order. Will have to revisit that.

The ide feels to me like a mixture of genius and lack of resource. But I'm coming to it from a complete lack of knowledge of any form of c so almost all of the negative aspects of this will be due to my ignorance.
By rasyoung
#61892 Using the critical advice above, I was able to use the Arduino IDE 1.8.1 to build ESP8266 Basic, after I copied all the libraries from the source directory from git hub. That is all the libraries that didn't over write all the ones I already had, that have been carefully upgraded to their latest releases inside the Arduino lib manager.

There was a lot of understandable complaining about multiple definitions of all sorts of things, many warnings and complaints of sorts of arcane issues, but this is what resulted.

Using library arduinoWebSockets at version 2.0.2 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduinoWebSockets
Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
Using library Hash at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\Hash
Using library ESP8266mDNS in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266mDNS (legacy)
Using library ESP8266WebServer at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266WebServer
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\Wire
Using library Servo at version 1.0.2 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\Servo
Using library OneWire at version 2.3.2 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire
Using library DallasTemperature at version 3.7.6 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DallasTemperature
Using library ESP8266HTTPClient at version 1.1 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\ESP8266HTTPClient
Using library LiquidCrystal_I2C at version 1.1.2 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal_I2C
Using library Adafruit_NeoPixel at version 1.0.6 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel
Using library SoftwareSerial at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\SoftwareSerial
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.3.0\libraries\SPI
Using library IRremoteESP8266 at version 1.0.0 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\IRremoteESP8266
Using library expression_parser_string in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\expression_parser_string (legacy)
Using library DHT_sensor_library at version 1.2.3 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHT_sensor_library
Using library pubsubclient-master at version 2.6 in folder: C:\Users\Randall\Documents\Arduino\libraries\pubsubclient-master
Sketch uses 427279 bytes (40%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 46624 bytes (56%) of dynamic memory, leaving 35296 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.

I guess a successful compile, have not tested in other way than just getting it to build.

What a great project and learning opportunity! Also immediately applicable in my classroom, as I can't attach to anything by policy, network or usb port.

Best,

Randy
By flywire
Joaquim Boavida wrote:... I only want to translate change some strings, to be on my language. ...

An English version would be good too! This has been a tremendous international effort but the code could use a tidy up - the many misspelt words will only lead to bugs.
By forlotto
#62056 http://esp8266basicota.tk

This website has a folder called basic building all relevant info that I have collected on building basic is on my server if anyone gets a working build of basic please share all of the relevant files and information I plan to do this at some point and time. The webpage will not work now because httpd is currently down but once it is back up and running you should see everything

TO:
Everyone in this post

If you make any changes be sure to share them with the community while they might not be added or deemed useful by one person they may be useful to another so share in the process and if they are of universal use I bet mmiscool would likely add the changes right away he is usually on the stick with everything to be honest ...

This is why I always tell everyone to donate even if its a couple of bux for a beer at the pub or whatever it lets him know that people enjoy his work and appreciate his efforts.

TO:

oldbod

I believe there is somewhere to set the clock for the device likely a flag or something and this is why you operate much slower if I had to take a guess.