General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By ardhuru
#59514 I have been using FF happily the past countless years.

Now, I know ESP8266Basic edits are supposed to take some time loading after the spruced up interface, and I assumed I'd have to live with that.

The other day I accessed the interface from an Android running Boat browser, and I was stunned at how fast the menus worked, *including* 'Edit'. So, I just tried it again on IE (hadn't used it for years), and it was as fast as the Android.

I'm talking of a very significant speed difference between FF and IE; I don't have Chrome, and like Forlotto I'm reluctant to switch away from FF.

Has anyone else seen this behavior with FF? And a way to cure it? Incidentally, while testing I was running FF with all add-ons disabled. No difference to the speed.

So, is it just my environment? Or is FF inherently slow in servicing ESP8266Basic? If its the latter, I guess I'll run IE, or Chrome, specifically when working on ESP8266Basic.
By Mmiscool
#59517 In my experience webkit based browsers have been the fastest.

Chrome is what i hwve been using for development.
By ardhuru
#59558 Edi, I followed up your post to the pdf, and got grounded at the reference to the {NIC-is} in the registry; I have a number of entries here under TCPip\Interface; how do I determin which one my TpLink adapter is using? I couldnt figure it out from its properties.

Also, since IE works quite fast on the same machine, cant we assume the problem is with FF, rather than any Windows parameters? I'm on Windows 7, incidentally.