General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By PhilTilson
#79026 I have just flashed a new module. All went well, and I then went into Settings to set up the wi-fi details.

Unfortunately, when entering the IP address, I put "129.168..." instead of "192.168..." and the module now comes up with that IP address every time.

I tried re-flashing the module, but it made no difference. So I tried formatting the module, then re-flashing. Same problem! I tried connecting to it with the browser but it fails, presumably because it's on a completely different subnet?

I have tried sending a wifi.connect command over the serial monitor, but that has no effect. I am now stuck! How can I remove this faulty address and enter the correct one? :(
By Mmiscool
#79032 If it is a 4 meg module try flashing with a smaller size firmware. See if that might help.
By PhilTilson
#79044 Nope! Same problem.

Surely there must be a way to just erase the memory completely and start from scratch? When I try using the Format button in the Flasher, I just get a null message box with a yellow triangle in it!
By Mmiscool
#79047 possibly wipe it out with lua and have it connect with that. Then return to esp basic.