General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#51314 Ok. So the paypal donate button should be fixed now.

It is on the home page next to the video.

When you are in there I think it will let you leave a note. Please put your address and the number of boards you want.

By John L
#52517 Having problem flashing ESP07 4M with latest V3 firmware.
I have followed the wiring diagram and can't see anything wrong.
Module is powered from stable benchtop regulated power supply.

1. Not sure if the flash format works, only takes about 2-3 seconds to pop up an OK window, no other info.
2. Appears to upload firmware with blue light flashing as well as Rx and Tx on serial port.
when finished, shows 16%, 33%,49%,66%,83%,99%,100%, I assume this is OK.

3. After power reset, there is No new wireless AP detected, on serial terminal there is nothing except the startup garbage of few characters.

I can successfully upload micropython firmware on the same module using nodemcu flasher uploader.
Have tried nodemcu flasher with ESP Basic and it appears to upload with flashing blue light, but does not start up ESP Basic.

I can successfully flash the ESP Basic on Nodemcu 4M.
By forlotto
#52522 I suggest you try the smaller like 1 or 2 mb possibly even 512k with old version flash if I recall some users had issues with their esp07 not having the flash memory size reported correctly at the time of sale.

If you can see the flash memory chip what are the numbers on it? May need a magnifying glass to see it.

If you can get version 2 branch running you can just OTA upgrade from there and see if this works possibly?

Download version 2 branch flasher
Flash esp7
login 192.168.4.1
view settings page and do the following:

I have setup a temporary OTA server copy and paste the following link on settings page in the OTA box:
TEMPORARY LINK REMOVED.
Then hit save.
Then hit update.
If all goes well your device should restart automatically and you should have the update.
Last edited by forlotto on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.