General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By GanduHacker
#33030 hi Mmiscool
I'm trying to program my esp12q with Basic interpreter. When i flashed it for the first time it worked well, i ran some basic codes too. So i removed the power supply and left the setup as it is. Next day I connected the power supply back,the bluelight flashed but the module is not showing up. I tried everything like flashed it again, checked my power supply, checked my connections but nothing is working. I really want this thing to work. Pls help. :|
By Mmiscool
#33065 Make sure you have the pins in run mode.

On an esp 12 make sure your hook up looks like the picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By GanduHacker
#33473 I connected all the wires as shown in the image but no luck. I re-uploaded the AT firmware and everything worked fine. So i flahed the 12e with Basic firmware and noted 2 things
1.when i flashed the Basic firmware for the first time and restarted the 12e in program mode it gave me some garbage value in the start followed by the firmware name and connected to the home network. This garbage value would be there everytime i restart the 12e. This garbage value still appears when i restart the 12e but is not followed by the connection to the network.
2. Just before the 12e stopped showing up on the "available access piont" list, it gave a long expectation and this happened for quite a while. I restart the module, it gave me a long unending exception.

I have tried almost all the firmware's available for this module and for me this firmware was the only one through which it was able to control the gpio pins. I cant figure out whats wrong but i will Find a way to fix this. :ugeek:
By Mmiscool
#33494 There are many firmwares available that will controlled the gpio pins.

As to the garbage in the termianl. Make sure your terminal is set at 9600 baud.

When using the flasher if every thing went all right an no errors are detected you should be able to connect to the ap that the device puts out.

It defaults to esp. From there you can program it via the browser. Check out the documentation section at http://esp8266basic.com for how to program and manage the settings.

Also make sure that once you are done flashing the model you take it out of programing mode by removing the ground from gpio 0.