General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#36928 ohhh so you can use the basic firmware then just not the AT stuff once basic is flashed?

I am not having troubles and I misunderstood your question Basic is basic and AT stuff does not require any flashing.

Once you have flashed basic on the device use basic to program the device I don't have any reason to use AT commands yet so I guess I cannot be of that much help but you are welcome to post a picture of your problem people may understand your question a bit better if you post it.

Basic is made with the intention that you will using the basic programming language and the basic ide via the web browser once basic is flashed search for the ESP SSID and connect to it should be 192.168.4.1 to see the settings page once connected if you want AT commands leave it stock I suppose. IDK...
By Mmiscool
#36949 Make sure your terminal is set to 9600 baud.
Reset the moduel. You should see a bit of jiberish and then "esp basic version"

It will then start counting the number of attempts to connect to WiFi.
By iw2fvo
#36982 here are some screen captures...
It says file open fail on the terminal when "save" button is pressed.
If I do press RUN button it just says " done ".
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By forlotto
#36990 Ahhh the basic interface yes of course....

Try to use firefox once I have issues sometimes with chrome as well...

With firefox you can see the number of lines of code it is saving it counts through them at the bottom of the screen chrome just kind of hangs there and throws that popup saying saved.

It appears that you flashed it right ....

Only other suggestion I have is I had a unit that was a bit of a pain in the you know what to flash so what I did was flashed basic to it a couple of times and then finally it took and I could connect to the AP....

If you read the guide in my signature it will tell you what I did I wound up using a different program all together finally I could change info and save stuff and run stuff oddly I have been unable to repeat the problem once I got it on there and working it just worked like a champ!

While the basic IDE or terminal as you call it came up I couldn't save settings or run anything much like you are having problems with keep at it flash it a few times if need be but you will get it and it will work and once it is on there you'll see just how sweet and easy things are ... The next nodemcu I had zero problems with it was a fluke thing really.

If it is not the browser as I said try firefox first then it is the flash but I had the same problem looked like everything worked and flashed but it did not work.

Another thing you can do is remove power from the unit or unplug the USB and replug it after flashing before doing anything.

Just some things to try.

Keep at it though you'll get it I wish I was there I'm sure I could do it for you ...

OH YEAH SAVE YOUR print time() code as a blank name don't give it a name then just run it if it doesn't run reset your esp8266 and after about 1 minute if you visit 192.168.x.x/input? (.x.x is whatever the ip is) it should show the time.

ENJOY AND GOOD LUCK

What is the exact esp8266 you are using? V1-12 or a nodemcu?