General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By SirM
#37451 Hello

@ forlotto
Sorry to say that there were no help in that topic (read it before I posted starting this one).
He really didn´t tell what he did besides, as I understood, that he flashed it over and over again
Brutally honest as you say, I do not find it serious to say that only Nodemcu works well when me and several others have had good results with the cheaper ones used with AT-setup and so on. But still it might be true that the cheap ones do not match the specifications needed for running Basic, if that is true it would be good to know why.

Am I the only one that have had this problem?
Anyone else that runs Basic on ESP-03?

By the way, I really think that putting Basic in ESP is the best idea for very long time, side by side with Geoff G´s Micromite. Made it possible to make some fun things for dirt money. Thanks Mike!

BR SirM
By viscomjim
#37477 Hi, I can only tell you of my experience with issues like this. In the beginning of playing with the esp, I ran into so many intermittent problems that I though were bugs, etc. Once I put a NICE 3.3v power supply and 1000uf cap on the 3.3v rail, EVERYTHING worked perfectly. I can't tell you how much time I wasted with the non nodeMCU boards because of this. It might be something to look at. I tried a few of the breadboard plug in type of power supplies (5v with 3.3v on the power rails) with a standard 9v wall wart. Some worked just fine and some made me crazy. So I can personally say that these are all not the same. I purchase a few 3.3v wall warts 1amp min. and use that solely to run the esp for testing and all is well, finally!!!

I agree with the esp basic from Mike along with Geoff's micromite make a GREAT combo. This will be my way to get rid of pushbuttons and displays for many projects, where one can configure a board using a smart phone or tablet or computer with ease. Very Happy Camper, but still learning....
By forlotto
#37524 Fair enough just my own shared experience but have you tried a nodemcu with basic yet? The ease of use is greatly enhanced when trying to get something going just curious?
By SirM
#37543 Hi

Viscomjim, of course you are right!
Feeding the little thirsty one with some better juice and everything works like a charm :D
In some ways they are very close to beeing human ;)

Didn´t have that big cap, but a smaller one and some cooling on the supply was the key.
And yes, I am already looking for a better supply to get rid of this once and for all.
Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Still a bit confused why they work with AT with the same bad supply.
And why there is no problems with flashing.
But I guess when one is flashing it shuts of wifi and use a lot less.
And the same with saving settings with AT commands since I´ve done that via serial.
Anyhow, problems gone and I'm happy as child a week ago.

Happy New Year to Everyone
// SirM