General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#38382 I think what he meant to say is you could attach an interrupt to a pin and use a push button to clear wifi settings when you press the button.

So a physical button is possible.

What you are saying is that it is dead easy just to throw a clear ap and sta mode or clear all settings because they are a little too persistent they persist after reflashing even with no username and password set it will connect to your wifi somehow. Yes they are persistent

You could though just enter no settings at all leave it as is and add to your program a branch that would ask for your wifi and ap info. It may short you a few lines of code for each but still there would be about 200 lines of code available to make stuff happen.

this way you would just connect to esp type in http://192.168.4.1/msg?wifi You could make it so that this URL technically would be the way you access these settings and you could even add a clear button on this page or you could simply create a webpage to do these settings and store it on the device as well and access it this way

http://192.168.4.1/file?file=wifi.html

There are a ton of ways to do it while keeping the persistent settings for folks that need them I believe mmiscool (WHILE I AM NOT SURE OR TRYING TO SPEAK FOR HIM) is trying to satisfy both ends of the spectrum and this was a way for him to do it.
By Ivo
#38534 Thank you for the suggestions...

So... little more clarification... the esp works just fine and the problem shows up only and ONLY what the configuration is changed from AP mode. I now have 3 ESP's like this.

I tried re-setting to factory, re-flashing the OS etc... nothing makes a difference. I can re-program the ESP to anything I want except when I flash back the basic the settings continue to be persistent. (as this was mentioned)

My question is... does anyone know of a way to clear the location where the settings are stored by the basic interpreter AND why factory re-flash does not clear this ? Anyone knows the memory location / offset for the basic interpreter settings?
By fsae99
#38536 I have this same issue, after flashing basic my NodeMCU board connected to my wifi with no settings. No matter what I do I can not get AP mode because it always connects as station mode from previous settings in the Arduino environment.

I was confused when I first flashed Basic on how it got connected but it must be that the SSID and password are still in the esp.
By TassyJim
#38537 It first tries to connect to your network.
If that fails, it changes to AP mode.
So,
Turn off your WiFi before starting the ESP.
You should then be able to find it's AP and connect.
Go to settings and put in invalid WiFi settings (AP name and or password) to stop it connecting when your main WiFi is turned on.

Jim