General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mike Green
#38926 I use Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) and the Mac OS version of Arduino. Obviously I can't use the Windows-only flasher. I've also had lots of problems compiling the Basic Interpreter from sources. Someone on another forum gave me a file of function prototypes which, when included in the Interpreter source, allows it to compile. It doesn't work when run. Specifically, the ESP8266 creates an access point, but my web browser (either Safari or Chrome) doesn't receive any data with the URL "http://192.168.4.1/edit".

The easiest way for me to get started would be for you to post compiled binaries for me to try. I use SparkFun's ESP8266 Thing, but will also be using an ESP-12E soon. My Arduino IDE version is 1.6.7.
By forlotto
#38931 Do you have a phone connect to it that way and enter your router settings ...

Otherwise possibly try VMWARE and run an emulated windows pc on your mac if it is creating an access point you should be able to connect and use chrome

Try 192.168.4.1 without the edit and see if it returns a page...

You will have to be connected to the access point from the device you are trying to access it from wirelessly...

If you already went to 192.168.4.1/settings and entered your router information then it is possible your nodemcu already obtained an IP so you will need to find the IP in your routers device listing or use a program like fing from google play store and find the device that is from expressif or it should say ESPXXXXX X's are random letters and numbers.

Once found this will be your IP to access it from.

if you already saved software on the edit page it is possible the software is stuck in a loop I suppose pull the USB power hard reset the unit and hurry up and visit the edit page type print "fixed" and hit the save button.

Enjoy it will work I am sure one of the ways I described you just have to continue to be persistent.

Enjoy!

-forlotto