Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

Which module form factor do you prefer?

34%
5%
49%
4%
8%
By tinhead
obvy wrote:I wouldn't ring alarm too early - "NC"

that's right, but this time NC seems to be really NC, when one look on these pictures, there are no traces on top to ESP8266. Sure, an idiot would probably add 3 vias in the middle of ground pad on top and then 3 traces to header, but i doubt they did it like that.

let's hope the best for those who ordered that version.

EDIT: and here some other views of that module, so clearly NC pins

Last edited by tinhead on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By obvy
#177 Yeah, I saw bunch of module photos from top and none from bottom. But looking closely, layout of this last module indeed differs from the layout shown in the starter message of this thread. Well, whoever gets the module will tell more. I can give NRF24L01+ modules as an example - there're gazillions of them from different vendors, but the only difference is that there're 8 and 10 ping modules which have slightly different power/ground pinout. On the other hand, NRF24L01+ layout comes directly from Nordic, and the chip doesn't have "optional" stuff like GPIO.

Squonk, please have a loook at Memory Layout thread - I'm sure you already did virtual cutting of chip in layers ;-).
By Squonk
obvy wrote:Squonk, please have a loook at Memory Layout thread - I'm sure you already did virtual cutting of chip in layers ;-).

No, this time no need to peel off the PCB, it is only 2-layer :mrgreen: