Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By robov
#16714 Hey guys :)

I'm not getting full info anywhere, only datasheet I have is https://nurdspace.nl/File:ESP8266_Specifications_English.pdf
I wanted to know about following things in order to layout my project in better way :idea:

1. How many interrupts and timer.
2. How much maximum delay we can generate with timer.
3. How many PWM pins.
4. How many analog pin (as i guess only one TOUT) but not provided as pin out.

It would be really helpful if you guys let me know. Thanks for the time :D
By eriksl
#16787 None of the TS's questions can be found in the wiki (yet, I hope).

I've opened a similar topic about this in the Hardware section.
By eriksl
robov wrote:Hey guys :)
1. How many interrupts and timer.
2. How much maximum delay we can generate with timer.
3. How many PWM pins.
4. How many analog pin (as i guess only one TOUT) but not provided as pin out.

From what I've read/understand:

1: There is one timer available through the "os" layer, you can have it call a function every x milliseconds (or one shot), also microseconds resolution seems to be available with a new undocumented sdk function. It's not a "timer" in the common microcontroller sense.

2: Quite a lot, I think, from what I read. What do you need?

3: All GPIO's can be connected to the one generic PWM generator, all with their own duty cycle. So far the good news. The bad news: the resolution is only 8 bits and there are not that may pins available (about six). Also all PWM output share the same frequency (which doesn't have to be a real problem imho).

4: Only one analog input. But that's no problem. Actually all low-end microcontroller only have one analog input, which is multiplexed internally using an analog CMOS switch (like CD4066). You can add something like that yourself, using some GPIO's as input select. I've been using that method for years.