Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By gregware
#24872 Hi Neil,
Do you plan to cover the other programming models, i.e. LUA and Sming (may be others)?
[Those two will also deserve entries in the Hall Of Heroes, nodemcu and Sming gitub are very active with a few prominent developers doing a fantastic job out there]

Greg
By kolban
#24884 Howdy Greg,
Ideally, I'd like to cover all things ESP8266 so LUA and Sming are on the list. My first pass (and this is only the first pass) was to cover the areas I was already somewhat competent at. I already had some C/C++ skills, knew how to work in Eclipse and knew how to work in Arduino IDE ... so those were the low hanging fruit. As for LUA and Sming (and maybe others) ... my thinking is to examine their "relative" utilization .... what I mean by that is if I could determine a pie chart that showed "This percentage of ESP8266 users use SDK vs Arduino vs LUA vs Sming" then I would know where to invest my time.

I am very amenable to interviewing anyone who believes that they have a "story to be told" ... also ... any vendors or providers of technology out there ... feel free to feed me with knowledge (as desired) for potential consideration for inclusion. I can't include material in the book that I don't know about or can't get working.

Neil