Chat freely about anything...

By hansaya
gwizz wrote:The great thing about wifi in general and using a browser as well is that these are standards that aren't owned by any one company and aren't going away any day soon. I'd far rather have a method that works in the browser than have to use some app, maybe I don't trust to install on my device, maybe I'm in a corporate network where I'm not allowed to install random apps and give them the wifi passwords!!

samehhady wrote:Also for bit securing your password, you can put them in reverse and organize them through code, or maybe do some find and replace techniques.

Erm, well, lets just say that I don't think this is much security :roll:

You make a good point but I still haven't seen WPA enterprise implementation. So we literally cant use ESP8266 in commercial world unless we ran our own AP just for this hardware.

BTW This is totally different question, even after I connect to an AP, ESP transmitting it's own SSID acting like a AP. What up with that?
By gwizz
#7549 We are now (probably)!! :D

I'll talk to my partner but I'd imagine it saves us a bit of bother.

Thanks for pointing it out MeNoGeek, looks like a sweet way to get a function called on button press.
By gwizz
hansaya wrote:You make a good point but I still haven't seen WPA enterprise implementation. So we literally cant use ESP8266 in commercial world unless we ran our own AP just for this hardware.

Yes, I'm sure you are right that this is a must for many deployments in this sort of scenario :(

I don't really know, but I imagine this is a non-trivial programming task.

hansaya wrote:BTW This is totally different question, even after I connect to an AP, ESP transmitting it's own SSID acting like a AP. What up with that?

There are three modes, Access Point, Client, and 'Both' - this chip has two MAC addresses and can be both simultaneously! You can look up the modes and how to change them depending on your firmware.