Chat freely about anything...

By SanjaSameer
#53648 Hi All,

I want to run 2 server on different port. Is it possible for me ?

I am using :-
AT version:0.21.0.0
SDK version:0.9.5

One will be UDP server and other will be TCP or both server will be on TCP will be fine for me.

Please help me for this :)
By stavbodik
#53688 Hi I don't know the exact answer but trying to answer interesting question ,
If you would like to run 2 servers in parallel this means you need 2 threads which is waiting for requests from clients .

Here comes the problem , from googling i have found that :
"ESP8266 is single-core, so you can't run stuff simultaneously anyways."

If there is option for multi threading with the esp all what you should make is implement UDP and TCP servers in separate threads and different ports . :D
By martinayotte
#53705 No the problem is about number of cores ... :ugeek:
ArduinoESP can support multiple TCP servers on different ports, for example HTTP on 80 and Telnet on 23.
The ESP8266WiFi can handle that easily in with proper code loop().
The problem is that @SanjaSameer wish to do that with AT firmware ...
I doubt that this crappy AT firmware could handle that since any second AT+CIPSERVER will replace the first one, there is no concept of array of servers.
By SanjaSameer
martinayotte wrote:No the problem is about number of cores ... :ugeek:
ArduinoESP can support multiple TCP servers on different ports, for example HTTP on 80 and Telnet on 23.
The ESP8266WiFi can handle that easily in with proper code loop().
The problem is that @SanjaSameer wish to do that with AT firmware ...
I doubt that this crappy AT firmware could handle that since any second AT+CIPSERVER will replace the first one, there is no concept of array of servers.

Thanks for reply can i change ESP AT firmware as per my requirement if yes then How ?