Chat freely about anything...

By Matt Dale NY
#54746 Anyone else have one of these? Are they new - I couldn't find info on them *anywhere*? I ordered it from Banggood about 10 days ago and got it yesterday. It says 'AI' on the back, but it looks very different than the rest of the AI Thinker modules. It says "DOIT" and then has a little pic of a cloud and says 'Cloud-Linked ESP-100' below that. It's got a u.Fl antenna like the ESP-07, but with a whopping 8 MB flash chip inside.

I went ahead last night a flashed it with Arduino and it's working just like an ESP-12E at the moment - just with the external antenna (very good signal btw - right around -67 dBm, normally I can only get -78 dBm in my office with the PCB ant option) and the extra 4 MB of space I'll never use. The appealing thing here is that I can reliably do OTA updates because of the extra space over the ESP-07 and have the ext ant, so for the moment, I'm very happy with it.
By KevinA
Matt Dale NY wrote:Anyone else have one of these?

I went ahead last night a flashed it with Arduino

Please detail HOW you flashed it, I've tried eptool.py, nodemcu, espressif download tool and none have flashed my device so I have a small pile of useless pet ESP8266-100 waiting for a flash tool!
By KevinA
#56938 After finding out my Arduino setup was missing the compiler.. uninstall all and discover arduino15 folder in my appdata directory that was stopping me from downloading the beta, renamed arduino15 and got the compiler installed but still had issues. Test with a 12E and found everything was working, uploaded the same app to the -100 but it bombed. By accident I unplugged the serial port and the GPIO02 LED light up -- found the carrier board would allow me to hook DTR to GPIO0 and RTS to Reset, program the board but to run I have to remove DTR and RTS THEN the ESP8266-100 works!