Chat freely about anything...

By jkgeyti
#6826 Ah, maybe that's just it - I just assumed it would come with the AT firmware.

Anyway, maybe I should I mentioned, that the reason I was simply trying to send and receive AT commands, is that I couldn't flash it.
Code: Select allesptool.py --port /dev/tty.wchusbserial1450 write_flash 0x00000 firmware/0x00000.bin 0x40000 firmware/0x40000.bin
(for the blinky firmware) fails to connect. Both the serial adapter and esp will blink 5 times before getting the error.

So that's where I am now. Any ideas?
By gwizz
#6828 I think I've got the same, cheap as they come, USB-serial adaptor.

It can supply enough power for the esp board in my case - might be worth trying that? Although be warned - other people report lots of problems like this can be caused by poor quality power so watch out!)

I'm sure you've thought of it, but did you previously connect the grounds together?
By jkgeyti
#6844 Nope, didn't connect GNDs together (but they are all connected to same GND on the power supply - so maybe yes?). I know next to nothing about hardware - could you explain what consequence it has either way?

I've tried it all on a windows partition now, and I get the exact same results. 5 blinks from "ESP6266 Flash Downloader" before it "Failed to connect".

I've attached a wiring diagram of how I've connected everything.
Attachments
rsz_2015-01-09_211543.jpg
Wiring diagram
By cendev
jkgeyti wrote:Nope, didn't connect GNDs together (but they are all connected to same GND on the power supply - so maybe yes?). I know next to nothing about hardware - could you explain what consequence it has either way?

I've tried it all on a windows partition now, and I get the exact same results. 5 blinks from "ESP6266 Flash Downloader" before it "Failed to connect".

I've attached a wiring diagram of how I've connected everything.

Im on mobile And sorry if i say something irrelevant but did you TRy with gpio2 high gpio0 low ? My esp requires gpio2 high For flashing