Chat freely about anything...

By sfranzyshen
folny82 wrote:I think the problem is in the software or on the network as ESP not ice is not restart when adding more channels than 1465 Tried and Software pixelcontroller-2.1.0-RC1 but nor did it I could not steered 512 LEDs.

wait! I am confused!

1) is the problem with THIS code? (esp8266_tpm2net_ws2812)
2) if so ... does the esp8266 need to be reset/restarted after "failure"?
3) Do you know for a fact that 512 pixels can be sent from host software to a SINGLE tpm2net controller?
3a) Has anyone else demonstrated this?

The only other tpm2net controllers I know of are arduino+ethernetshields ... can this be done with them? or someother controller?
By folny82
sfranzyshen wrote:Have you tried other host software?

both the pixelcontroller & glediator led host software have tpm2net output ... I have had problems with glediator going that high ... but I have had pixelcontroller configured for a 16x32 matrix using the tpm2net protocol ... and no special mapping. Of course I do not have 512 leds ... so I can not confirm it is actually working ... but the first 182 leds are running (using the 512 data output)

You can try to do the 16x32 matrix at Jinx and to know whether the LEDs will light up ?.
By folny82
sfranzyshen wrote:
folny82 wrote:I think the problem is in the software or on the network as ESP not ice is not restart when adding more channels than 1465 Tried and Software pixelcontroller-2.1.0-RC1 but nor did it I could not steered 512 LEDs.

wait! I am confused!

1) is the problem with THIS code? (esp8266_tpm2net_ws2812)
2) if so ... does the esp8266 need to be reset/restarted after "failure"?
3) Do you know for a fact that 512 pixels can be sent from host software to a SINGLE tpm2net controller?
3a) Has anyone else demonstrated this?

The only other tpm2net controllers I know of are arduino+ethernetshields ... can this be done with them? or someother controller?

No code is working correctly ESP does not require a restart I think the code does not fail.
By sfranzyshen
folny82 wrote:You can try to do the 16x32 matrix at Jinx and to know whether the LEDs will light up ?.

I do not use windows and I can not get Jinx to run properly on my linux ...