Chat freely about anything...

By sfranzyshen
folny82 wrote:It seems that the code does not work when you set the number of channels Jinx 1536 and Chan/Block at 768 and run as ESP freezes and nothing happens.

Just found this ... another bug ...

change this:
os_memcpy (&data[6] , framebuffer[framebuffer_len] , framelength);

to this: (keep fingers crossed!)
os_memcpy (&framebuffer[framebuffer_len], &data[6], framelength);
Last edited by sfranzyshen on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By folny82
sfranzyshen wrote:
folny82 wrote:It seems that the code does not work when you set the number of channels Jinx 1536 and Chan/Block at 768 and run as ESP freezes and nothing happens.

does the firmware work with the lower channels? And does the esp8266 lockup (needs to be reset/restarted) or can you drop down again and it works?

I can't tell if the program seg faults ... maybe need to setup a serial debug routine ... if it doesn't lockup maybe it is caused by the "if (packagenum == numpackages)" is not correct and the frame never seems complete leading to overunning the framebuffer array ... or I am passing this array incorrectly to the ws2812 code ... I am just shooting in the dark here ...

Yes firmware from a lower number of pixels works well, cease to operate only when the value changes to Block 2 and above. I also am not a good programmer I worked only with AVR and ESP are just beginning to learn :D
By folny82
sfranzyshen wrote:

Just found this ... another bug ...

change this:
os_memcpy (&data[6] , framebuffer[framebuffer_len] , framelength);

to this: (keep fingers crossed!)
os_memcpy (&framebuffer[framebuffer_len], &data[6], framelength);

Neither this update code not working I think that the code will need to define the exact number of blocks to make it work.
By sfranzyshen
folny82 wrote:Neither this update code not working I think that the code will need to define the exact number of blocks to make it work.

1) Does the code work at lower channels (assuming yes)
2) If you set it to high channels and it fails, can you set it back to lower channels and it work again? or does the esp8266 lockup and need reset?

I have a post out to the "Questions about TPM2 protocol" fourm ... waiting on feed back before continuing ... wish you could just increase your mtu's 8-)