Chat freely about anything...

By ayushman
dirknerkle wrote:Just a little followup....

I let the ESP8266 sit powered on but otherwise idle for 6 hours, and when I sent it commands, it immediately responded. I'm very pleased.

There may be other access point settings that will work but clearly in my case, this has solved my dilemma. The secret seems to be very frequent refreshes of the network beacon in combination with a shorter DHCP lease time period. This way the ESP module never gets a chance to go dormant.

I love it when stuff works!!!

Hey dirknerkle,

It will be appreciated is you could explain how you did it from bottom up. We can connect over mail or maybe you can blog it here. Efforts will be appreciated.

Thanks
By dirknerkle
ayushman wrote:
dirknerkle wrote:Just a little followup....

I let the ESP8266 sit powered on but otherwise idle for 6 hours, and when I sent it commands, it immediately responded. I'm very pleased.

There may be other access point settings that will work but clearly in my case, this has solved my dilemma. The secret seems to be very frequent refreshes of the network beacon in combination with a shorter DHCP lease time period. This way the ESP module never gets a chance to go dormant.

I love it when stuff works!!!

Hey dirknerkle,

It will be appreciated is you could explain how you did it from bottom up. We can connect over mail or maybe you can blog it here. Efforts will be appreciated.

Thanks

I explained it in detail about 2 posts ago in this thread.