Chat freely about anything...

By lucasromeiro
#73589 Hi, I have a problem feeding my esp12. I feed it with 12v by passing an AMS1117 regulating for 3.3 1A. but it gets very hot! I find it strange, so hot! I'm afraid of damage to the project. I think it warms up because lowering the voltage from 12v to 3.3v requires this. What do you recommend for me to feed my esp? I need a small solution to fit into my project ... I thought of a regulator from 12v to 5v and then a from 5v to 3.3v. I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
By trackerj
#73595 It's way better and more efficient to use a switchmode regulator like this one:
Synchronous step-down DC-DC converter

By stephenhawking
#73598 be that as it may, it gets extremely hot! I think that it is interesting, so hot! I'm apprehensive about harm to the venture. I think it warms up in light of the fact that bringing down the voltage from 12v to 3.3v requires this. What do you prescribe for me to sustain my esp? I require a little answer for fit into my task
By rudy
#73605 I often will need 5 volts in my designs so I use a switcher to go from 12 to 5. Then I use a linear regulator to provide the 3.3 volts. If I don't need an intermediate voltage then I have also used switchers to go directly to 3.3 volts. But make sure that whatever approach you use that the devices are rated for at least 1/2 an amp at 3.3 volts.

With your linear regulator it has to dissipate three times the power that the ESP module is using. Yes it will get hot.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3pcs-1A ... 53201.html