Chat freely about anything...

By IlyaM
#75571 My board had 1MB by default and I installed custom micropython which was built from the source with help esptool. Everything worked good, but I had 2 issues:

1. the issue with OS, os.listdir() showed hexs values instead of the stucture of dir.
2. At the end of booting before repl was started I got some errors ERRNO (don't remember the number, it seems to me it was 2) and I saw a message, that some sector of flash was broken.

And I decided to replace flash memory by 16MB (winbond w25q128)

After that esptool detected 16MB of flash and I full erased flash and installed my firmware. When I connect to the board with baud rate 115200 - I see unreadable characters (I guess the problem with boot my board, because the characters are repeated)

esptool and esp-open-sdk are up-to-dated. Moreover, every time when I'm gonna build new firmware I make pull of repo.

In somewhere of the Internet I found the issue with micropython not working with 16MB, there is offered to write esp_init_data_default.bin at 0xffc000 and attached flash-combine.bin and esp_init_data_default.bin. I tried those files and my serial shows unreadable characters plus normal words while booting, sometimes hotspot on esp8266 is initialised, but repl doesn't start.

Maybe someone had the same issue and know how to solve it?

I was trying to write/read my flash with the other board, everything is ok