Chat freely about anything...

By lucasromeiro
#77817 Hello everyone, I'm developing a board that will be tiny and I do not have room to meet the antenna positioning requirements as suggested in this document:

https://www.espressif.com/sites/default ... nes_en.pdf

My question is simple, what will be the consequences of routing and components underneath the antenna area (on the other side)?

Tks
By schufti
#77820 bad a) EMI and/or b) WiFi

depending on which signals you route close to the antenna, sensors and other evices will probably give false readings (enough examples in div threads) or (if it is control lines) you may experience erratic behaviour of the system.
For WiFi: as the antenna is also receiving (weak) signals from your AP, fast signals with steep edges can signifficantly disturb reception.
By lucasromeiro
schufti wrote:bad a) EMI and/or b) WiFi

depending on which signals you route close to the antenna, sensors and other evices will probably give false readings (enough examples in div threads) or (if it is control lines) you may experience erratic behaviour of the system.
For WiFi: as the antenna is also receiving (weak) signals from your AP, fast signals with steep edges can signifficantly disturb reception.

Interesting!
On the board there are no signal lines near the antenna.
It only has power lines.

I can not improve this without changing the entire product.
Will I have problems?

By rudy
#77826 Yes you will have problems. It depends on how well you want your wifi to work. Those traces will alter the tuning and the radiation pattern.

I have seen commercial product designed with this kind of fault. I consider it totally unacceptable.