Chat freely about anything...

By n4mwd
#81489 I got on ebay and ordered a WeMos board from a listing showing the following photo:
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (99.53 KiB) Viewed 9921 times

The Boards I got were:
FakeWemos1.jpg
FakeWemos2.jpg

The problem I have is that the boards aren't working. I have used several ESP-01 boards with no problems. However, these boards fail to run anything more complicated than Blinky.

I have webservers running just fine on the ESP-01 boards with no problems, but these boards wont connect to the router even when placed within 2 feet of the antenna.

On the back of these boards is marked "HW-628 v1.1"

I'm using the Arduino IDE to compile programs for it. I have the WeMos board selected. The code will upload just fine via the USB cable, but wont connect to the router when running the same code that works on an ESP-01 board.

The ebay seller says they don't work because I don't know what I'm doing. Are the ESP8266 chips on these boards somehow different from the ones on the ESP-01 boards? Or is the ebay seller trying to con me again? (beyond the fact that I ordered a real WeMos board and got fakes.)
By Bonzo
#81492 If in doubt I would put in a complaint to ebay and get your money back. Get a screenshot of the whole ebay page first as your current picture could come from anywhere.

If you have contacted him through ebay there will be records of your communication. What is his return policy? Have others complained? This will give extra credibility with your claim.
By n4mwd
#81500 I found another guy having problems with that board, but no solutions. Same problem, no wifi. The seller sent me an email with a link to a chinese web site that he said had an explanation as to how to make it work. I haven't had a chance to look at it, but I doubt it has anything useful. The other guy concluded that the boards were simply defective. I'm going to initiate a return.

I ordered a new set of wemos D1 mini boards that are from a US dealer. I will try loading my code into those to see if they exhibit the same problem.
By mel
#82205 I am having a similar problem with this board in Windows 10, it tests ok and upload but crashes just after connecting to the wifi, but if I upload the sketch in Linux using the Arduino IDE it works fine,, also if I use the NodeMcu with the square silver chip, its works fine in windows 10,,, this is a problem that has only just started. I have not found a fix for Windows 10 with the Arduino IDE.
I hope this has helped.
Regards,
Melissa.