Chat freely about anything...

By thisis8266
Zom-B wrote:I got boards that look absolutely identical to OP's.

On the back there are checkboxes for 8M, 16M, 32M but the board reports to the PC to be 4M.

I followed this tutorial, using Nodemcu v2 as the board type, and it works. WiFi too. I'm on Windows 10. Tried blinky on Arduino IDE and WiFi example on my favorite IDE, VSCode+PlatformIO.

At first I was skeptical since the antenna PCB seems to be connected to nothing else than GND (normally you see a split before the tail where the split goes to the chip). The LNA pin of the ESP goes to GND with only an inductor (and an unpopulated pad also going to GND). My guess is that they use the ground path as something like an inductor or possibly a capacitance too.

I don't find the "Nodemcu v2" board type, I tried: Generic 8266 Module, NodeMCU 1.0, Wemos D1 R1 and it's not working. Where is the Nodemcu v2 board type? I have the latest files...
By thisis8266
#84990 I found out that the "Nodemcu v2" is NodeMCU 1.0, I'm using it, I don't know if its perfect but is working.

I'm having trouble connecting to my router, even next to it, I even added the "channel".
Any suggestions parameters that I can use to make it easier to connect?
By n4mwd
#85007 I found that it works with small programs like Blinky, but fails on larger ones. I suspect the memory chips are fake. Try loading the smallest program you can find that accesses the wifi. It might work.

Some people have suggested that the windows arduino IDE may be failing to write the code properly. But that would not explain why blinky works fine.