Chat freely about anything...

By btidey
#82222 A common basic method of sending data is to use the MQTT protocol. You would use a MQTT client on the esp8266 and a MQTT server (broker) on the raspberry. If you search for esp8266 raspberry MQTT you will find lots of examples. E.g. https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to ... d-ESP8266/
By Bonzo
#82223 From memory I used UDP to communicate with a Pi. The code is long gone as I found the Pi unreliable after about three months.

The Pi sent a request to the Nodemcu in my case and it sent the data back. Worked well and reliably until the Pi misbehaved. You may have the same problem I had.
By btidey
#82231 I can't comment directly on your Pi experience but I have found the Pi basic platform very reliable. I have about 8 performing various functions, security cameras, media machines, file / dlna servers, home automation hubs etc. Some have been up continuously for multiple years without requiring any attention.

Likewise I suspect if there was some fundamental issue then this would have shown up in the millions that have been used round the world. One of the problems people seem to have is shared by the ESP modules; not providing a solid power supply / cabling.