Chat freely about anything...

By rudy
#82852 What parts did you use? Mosfets and diodes? Do you have access to a scope? It's kind of hard to troubleshoot without one.

I would have a scope on it. See what happens at low rpm. The gradually increase. One concern I had about this project was timing. Not affecting the timing when communications happens. The ESP8266 is a great chip. Just not great for real time work.
By Pablo2048
#82855 If you need such fast and realtime response, then you need some special techniques - you are in (some sort of) multitasking environment in ESP8266. Show us your code first so we can take a look and suggest next steps...
By BillM
#83830 Hi guys

I'm sorry I did not answer because I couldn't find the time these last months and I have not seen that there was answers

I want to try to figure out what's the issue with this project.

You asked me to see the code.

As you can see I removed all my spark advance... code just to try if it worked fine and I did this.

I just make a 3ms high and a 7ms low power so that it makes 10ms pwm to simulate 6000 rpm
3 ms is enough to make a beautiful spark, when I added more time the MOSFET was hot but like this I remember it was almost ambient temp.

(low and high are reverted due to the driver)

If I remember right the last time I tried it it worked continuously for 10 minutes before it died.