Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#82705 @pablo I understand what you're saying here and make a lot more sense now you explain a bit. It would have been nice if you did that earlier. And use a bit more friendly words ;)
By BillM
#82717 Ok Pablo, I tried to do my best to position the components.

I routed all this myself trying to make smallest tracks, hope it is better.
I also changed resistors to smd ones as you suggested
Made PCB a little bit bigger and added mounting holes.

By rudy
#82718 @Bill. Follow the current path from the Vcc input of the ESP12 to C7, through C7 and then out the negative lead. You are on ground now, but continue tracing the path that you think the current would take in order to get to the GND pad for the ESP module. Is it a direct path, or does it meander across the board?

Place a heavier trace on the top layer from the GND pad directly to the negative lead of C7. You must consider the return path for all switched currents. And you need to minimise the area of the loop those paths take. The greater the loop area the more it will radiate, and the more susceptible it will be from outer noise sources.

When designing a board I always look at the current path. It starts at one place, goes somewhere, and needs to return back to the start. Greater loop areas = BAD.

brd1.png

Move the trace from the bottom of C8 to the left of C7. Put in a trace on the top layer, then through a via to the ground at the Vcc pad. This will give you the most direct, shortest, path.

From what I can see on the layout, the green path is currently the shortest path. And that can easily be better.
By BillM
#82719 Thanks rudy, actually this was a question I wanted to ask but I forgot.

EDIT: I think you did exactly the same changes as mine

Would something like that be enough ?

What do you mean with "switched current ?" Maybe every active component which consume current ?