Chat freely about anything...

By rudy
#82728 No considering the application. I am concerned about vibration. If the mosfets, or the regulator body, is not locked with the PCB, there is a possibility of the leads fracturing. It is unlikely it will happen initially. But it may happen over time. If there are different mass bodies, and they are not locked together, there is strain on the interconnection.
By Pablo2048
#82729 +1 for what @rudy says. About the used EMI filter - I thought about something like Murata EMI filters (for example DSS6NC52A471Q55B - or his SMT variant). If you can not get the Murata EMI plase at least ferrite bread from TDK in series. Your last design is much prettier than the first one right? :-) So we get to the latest part in our "How to make Hardware Designer in few days" course, which is..... Final PCB look and feel (no offense please - I'm just joking...). You have to have in mind that your design will be serviceable, so make sure, that important points of your design can be connected to oscilloscope for example or multimeter. I suggest to place somewhere near the corner one pin, which is connected to the GND - just for grounding the scope probe. If you think, that some points in your schematics are important and will be used as an measurement points, put testing point (PCB footprint, I'm using 1, or 1.5mm circles) on the trace (not necessary if this point is available for example on one of the ESP pads). Do not forget to put some text explanations on the silkscreen, or at least give this testing points numbers (TP1, ...). And this guides us to the silkscreen graphics. Always name your design on the PCB and put also revision information on silkscreen (I'm using Rev.A text). Put text comments and markings (for example +, GND, VCC, ...) near the connectors in which wires would be soldered. Don't be shame - put your name/logo somewhere on silkscreen...
By BillM
#82731 Ok in my case, the tracks are thick enough, this was just out of curiosity but it is good to know.

For the LEDs, I thought it was a good place but actually, yes it does not necesarily need to be in front of the MOSFETs.

@Pablo2048 Yes, I have to admit that it is much better

For the EMI filter, the DSS6NC52A471Q55B, I can just add the one you suggested but I don't know on what characteristics you based your choice and I'd like to :) .

Again thank you all for the help you provided and for your patience, i've learnt a lot of things in PCB design.
By BillM
#82732 @rudy,

You are right about the flyback diodes, it would certainly prevent the arc from the coil to the spark plug because current would not be completely cut at the primary.

Here, the danger is only for the MOSFET, right ?

What I might do is use a MOSFET like the SIHA22N60EF-GE3 which can handle 600V Vds and should not cause any problem to be activated because I now have a driver.