Chat freely about anything...

By w55
#30377 Hello!

I have the same problem changing the baudrate with AT+UART=9600,1,0,3 and AT+IPR=9600. Received 'OK', but then I cannot communicate with the chip with ANY baudrate. Problem is...I don't know how to update the firmware correctly in Windows, first of all, I don't know what baudrate use to flash the .bin file.

I had version 0.20.0.0 and SDK version 0.9.5

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
By Spafin
#30428 Hi, I put this here instead opening a new post because I suspected is related

I have been using ESP8266 for about two months without big problems (versions esp-01 and esp-201), and recently ordered some more esp-01 and esp-05 for new projects. I started with the esp-05 version, set the baud rate to 9600 without problems, but I noticed that it restarted automatically many times and every time it got resetted the baudrate went back to 115200. The reason for the random resetting could be, according to what I have read, not using a capacitor and using the Arduino 5V for the ESP8266 RX pin. Anyways, my first question is:

1.- Is it normal that the module resets to 'factory settings' (at least in terms of baud rate) after resetting or restarting? That's important because I only keep the module ON once every 10 minutes, and only during the time it needs to send sensor information to my server. I did that about two/three times, and the next one the baud rate was already 115200.

At some moment it became impossible to communicate with te module. After it happened to tree modules (one 05 and two 01) I tried to update the firmware using a 3.3V FTDI Programmer and the Nodemcu Flasher and ESP Flasher. I have tried different firmware versions and different configurations, according to different web pages, but I haven't succeed even once. All the programs open the connection, but at some point they stop downloading the firmware. Of course one possibility is that the problem is the hardware, but I have noticed that when trying to reflash different modules with the same firmware the program stops always at the same point, as if the file were not the right one. Another thing that makes me think the hardware is ok is that I can download sketches directly from the Arduino IDE. So the second question is:

2.- Is it possible that the problem is the hardware if the flasher starts downloading the firmware and always stops at the same point (even with different modules)? Is there any common procedural mistake that I could be doing?

I have tried the following firmware versions, among others:
- v0.9.5.2 AT Firmware.bin
- ESP8266_AT_V00150900_00.zip

When using as explained in this page (https://developer.mbed.org/users/sschoc ... 6-Firmware) I can download all excepting the user1.bin

I have been following the boot process listening the serial port at 76800 bauds, and it boots saying this:
ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

Can anyone explain what is happening? I don't dare to use more modules before I'm able to reflash at least one of the damaged one. Thank you very much for your comments, I have been reading as many webpages as I could find about reflashing, but nothing helped.
By Kobi
w55 wrote:Hello!

AT+IPR=9600. Received 'OK', but then I cannot communicate with the chip with ANY baudrate. Problem is...I don't know how to update the firmware correctly in Windows, first of all, I don't know what baudrate use to flash the .bin file.

DO NOT use (!!!!) AT+IPR command. It bricks the firmware and you will need to reflash it. Stupidly, I also did it, followed advises from the net but there is no such command in the AT manual.

To which version do you want to flash it ? I succedded flashing to previous versions (0.9.2 - it has 9600 baud rate by default & 0.9.5 - it has 115200 baud rate by default) successfully (followed this link : http://www.xess.com/blog/esp8266-reflash/, using the tool there you don't have to configure any baudrate) but unforunately not to the last one.
By IoTBrasil
Kobi wrote:
w55 wrote:Hello!

AT+IPR=9600. Received 'OK', but then I cannot communicate with the chip with ANY baudrate. Problem is...I don't know how to update the firmware correctly in Windows, first of all, I don't know what baudrate use to flash the .bin file.

DO NOT use (!!!!) AT+IPR command. It bricks the firmware and you will need to reflash it. Stupidly, I also did it, followed advises from the net but there is no such command in the AT manual.

To which version do you want to flash it ? I succedded flashing to previous versions (0.9.2 - it has 9600 baud rate by default & 0.9.5 - it has 115200 baud rate by default) successfully (followed this link : http://www.xess.com/blog/esp8266-reflash/, using the tool there you don't have to configure any baudrate) but unforunately not to the last one.

Hey mate, I am having trouble trying to download the 0.9.2 firmware. Everywhere I find it the link is broken.
Could you please host it on another link or something and send it to me ?
If somebody else reads this and can do that for me, I would be very grateful too.

Thanks!