Chat freely about anything...

By rpiloverbd
Sirquil wrote:Issue was a misconfigured network; I used 192.168.1.1 for gateway and dns. Even with the 192.168.1.1 Gateway and dns project was connecting to the AT&T network; just not "talking" to the gateway and dns

AT&T network; in this case, used gateway and dns of 192.158.1.254.

Had I checked Windows PC with ipconfig; would have caught this much sooner, instead of going from "memory."

Glad that you've worked out the solution. It will help others too. Thanks.
By SbuxReg
#95352 This sounds very similar to an issue I am having and have been trying for many months to figure out. Perhaps someone here could help me. I have a clock that uses an esp8266 and ATT fiber for my internet service. One of the many features of this clock is that it will connect to an NTP server at a a user selected interval to correct the time via wifi. Intermittently the time update fails. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it works or doesn't work. I even set up an old ASUS router as an access point so i can watch the logs. It appears as if the esp8266 always speaks to the router but doesn't always successfully get the data from the NTP server. any idea what might be going on and how i could go about fixing this? It should also be noted that i do not have USB access to the chip in this clock.
By Sirquil
#95377 Might be ab issue with WIFI dropping out for some reason. I have a sketch that monitors WIFI events on ESP32 (untested on ESP8266).

WIFI Events Sketch

WIFI interference can come from phones, microwaves, and other devices in the same frequency band. Something to try; change your WIFI channel. Maybe one or more of your neighbors are on the same channel. Go to Google play and search for a WIFI analyzer. Find a channel less used and set router to that channel. One more thing to try use a different port for UDP to talk to NTP server. I used port 1337 with the ATT router I was dealing with on my issue.

William