Chat freely about anything...

By Bruster999
#13875 Hi all. I'm brand new to this forum so apologies in advance if I break protocol.
I recently purchased two ESP8266 modules, one version 01 and one version 201. I immediately damaged the 01 by connecting it to an Arduino (Doh! live and learn). The 201 was working fine when I connected it to a 3.3v USB converter. I can load firmware no problem and it was running a script to update a Thingspeak app. As I was modifying the dht11.lua code and uploading it with the LuaLoader 0.87 I decided to speed things up by enabling "Uploads at 921600" on the Settings menu. Ever since then the module does not respond to anything I type when it holds Lua firmware. I tried using a firmware called "ESP8266_AT_V00180902_02_baudrate watchdog added" and was able to communicate with the module with AT commands no problem. I have tried several different Lua firmware releases but still no response from the module. If I set the baud to 74880 I get the usual data dump. I am normally using 9600,8,1,N to communicate.

Has anyone seen this issue? Any thoughts on how to fix it? BTW I reset the module by grounding GPIO0 and RST but no luck.
Thanks
Bruster
By Bruster999
#13900 UPDATE: The module stopped responding again. It seems to be very flaky. An interesting note is that I tried uploading the AT firmware to the "dead" module and it too responds to AT commands just as the 201 but not to Lua commands. Very strange behavior and I'm not sure I want to trust these devices if they aren't stable.

Still looking for suggestions if anyone has experienced the same. Thanks.