Chat freely about anything...

By douwebakker
#95402 Good evening, may I introduce myself first? My name is Douwe Bakker, 72 years old and I live in Vledder Netherlands. My hobbies are electronics and during my working life I also earned my living there as a self-employed person.
Because I don't have a good command of the English language, I use Google translate.
Lately I've mainly been working on microprocessors.
I bought some ESP8266-01 and wonder if they are original. When I give an AT command there is usually no response. In a few cases the system time appears, but not an OK as you might expect.
Programming is also difficult. Often it doesn't work and an error message appears.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\DiteQ Europe\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.3/tools/upload.py", line 65, in <module>
esptool.main(cmdline)
File "C:/Users/DiteQ Europe/AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.3/tools/esptool\esptool.py", line 2890, in main
esp.connect(args.before)
File "C:/Users/DiteQ Europe/AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.3/tools/esptool\esptool.py", line 483, in connect
raise FatalError('Failed to connect to %s: %s' % (self.CHIP_NAME, last_error))
esptool.FatalError: Failed to connect to ESP8266: Timed out waiting for packet header
Failed uploading: uploading error: exit status 1

Once in a while it works without changing anything on the sketch.
I also have other modules such as the HUZZAH feather and various ESP32 boards, and I don't have those problems.
What do you think could be the cause?
Greeting,
Douwe