Chat freely about anything...

By dafien
#14414 I tried to use the search function, but nothing really came up. I was curious if anyone knows, or can point me in the right direction, but does anyone know if it's possible to compile the libpcap library in order to get tcpdump functionality?

If some of the newer firmwares have AT commands to support this, that would work just as well, if not better.

Specifically, I'm looking for the ability to scan for STAtion MACs. All the research I've done, and this hasn't come up. I was pretty surprised. However, all that research led me here, so it wasn't wasted time :)
By gon
#16789 a lot of ppl think that the ESP is a powerful computing devicejust because it has Wifi
i have written it somewhere else, but i repeat it here:

th esp-modules or no router and no hotspot in the classical sense, they have no routing capabilities, as noone has tried to implement them in that tiny memory.

and porting of linux-software its total out of the question as to linux-structures are present, like a tcp-ip stack and more
By dafien
#17341 A lot of people seem to think it's a powerful device because you can run native code on it without a seperate microcontroller as I under stand it.

Also in the newer espressif ADK ( .95) there is a wifi scan option in the examples. It will loop through the different channels, with promiscuous mode enabled.

And if you would of read my post instead of jumping straight to your high horse, I didn't need to compile linux programs

"Specifically, I'm looking for the ability to scan for STAtion MACs."

the ability to scan for station mac, not the ability to run airodump-ng natively.

For anyone following in my footsteps,

http://www.programs74.ru/udkew-en.html
-guy put everything together in a windows install

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=820

forum post HERE about all the dependencies involved. He even included a script to install add-ons to ming and whatnot.