Chat freely about anything...

By nemik
Squonk wrote:You are welcome!

Yes, I have been there myself, and was more than happy to find the good people at GL Technology to help me! As you said, it is very difficult to get help with small quantities, but it is very easy to get tons of crap hardware too ;) : fake chips, reconditioned chips, memory with defects, out of tolerance crystals, uncalibrated RF, single dummy MAC address, poor assembly without ESD handling, etc.

Regarding our Domino Core module, FCC/CE/IC certification is on its way, which should not be a problem since the module has a built-in power supply for RF and is shielded, with professional routing. Then depending on which certification you aim, you may need or not to pass a certification for the final product, this vary when another RF is present in the product or not, and if it is CE, FCC, IC or other. Anyway, having the Domino Core pre-certified as a module greatly simplify the process, of course.

Oh I know all about the crap hardware, Alibaba/express are a giant-crapshoot sometimes and it's just trying out different sellers/suppliers. That's why these days I tend to see which ones bubble up to Amazon and buy from there since there's a better chance of having gone through FCC, which is important since most of the products I'm building are for the US market.

Great to hear that you guys found a good company like GL Technology to help out with this; and the news about RF certifications. I wish you all the best of luck with the campaign and can't wait to get my boards. I'll definitely be watching this in the future. Thanks for putting it all together.