Chat freely about anything...

By Rickyb_dj
#16107 Just to recap my plan, I'm trying to connect the ESP to a Telescope hand controller so that I can use an app via the iPhone/ipad to move my GoTo mount around the nights sky.

After my earlier problems I'm pleased to say I've managed to communicate with XTCOM & CoolTerm,

I've uploaded the latest Firmware for it, I've set the ESP as an Access point and set the SSID, password etc.

I can see its connected to my iPhone and when I type AT+CWLIF

I can see that the iPhone is connected to the WIFI through CoolTerm but it doesn't show the WIFI symbol on the title bar.
when I got to iPhone>Settings>Wifi >NexStar+ (My SSID of the ESP - connected to 192.168.4.2)

when I go to to my SkyPortal (a Celestron / Sky Safari 4 - Astronomy App on iOS) it wont connect to my scope as the WIFI isn't showing as connected in the app/title bar.

what am I doing wrong in terms of wifi conectivity

The scope uses basic TX, RX, and ground serial so should in theory work

Any help would be really welcomed I'm so Close so solving this.

thanks Rick
By pratibha
#17156 For my project I want to communicate between 3-4 esp8266 modules, one as server and other as clients. For which server will read the IP address of client and will correspondingly sent the message to clients depending on some situation. Please suggest me the way for the same. and also some of the AT COMMANDS are giving error. I want to change IP address of the modules.. How can I do it...

Please reply soon...