Chat freely about anything...

By Budman
#16508 I have been attempting to upgrade the firmware from 0.9.4 to the latest using NOCEMCU programmer. I set GPIO00 to ground, select the nodemcu_latest.bin to offset 0x00000, set baud rate to 57600 (also tried others) and set flash size to 512k. I apply power to the ESP and start the flash. It progresses about 1/10th of the progress bar and then when the message "require wifi" comes, it stops and then nodemcu stops. The esp light blinks as it is flashing, so it looks like it is good to that point. Now it doesn't do anything when I set GPIO00 back to 3.3v.

Can anyone offer any assistance? So far I've tried two different ESP8266-07's and results are the same. I'm basically clueless where to go from here.

Thanks!
By ArnieO
Budman wrote:I have been attempting to upgrade the firmware from 0.9.4 to the latest using NOCEMCU programmer. I set GPIO00 to ground, select the nodemcu_latest.bin to offset 0x00000, set baud rate to 57600 (also tried others) and set flash size to 512k. I apply power to the ESP and start the flash. It progresses about 1/10th of the progress bar and then when the message "require wifi" comes, it stops and then nodemcu stops. The esp light blinks as it is flashing, so it looks like it is good to that point. Now it doesn't do anything when I set GPIO00 back to 3.3v.

Can anyone offer any assistance? So far I've tried two different ESP8266-07's and results are the same. I'm basically clueless where to go from here.

Thanks!

I don't know if it will help you in this situation, but I have several times rescued modules that have stopped responding by flashing them with AT firmware, then reflashing with Node MCU firmware.
I have no idea why it works, but it has done the trick for me numerous times.