Chat freely about anything...

By chandan2002x
by Squonk » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:25 pm
tolson wrote:
I was thinking that there was just a translation of terms issue.

I've been working on the idea that STAtion (client (0)) means client. AP (1) meant server.
So if you want client and server capability then (3).

Don't know why to use the term AP as in Access Point. A Access Point does
more than what it appears this firmware can do so far. Perhaps when the firmware
stabilizes and the documentation gets caught up we will know more.

STA and AP are the WiFi dedicated terms for these functions, and you can be on or the other, but not both. Mode (3) is actually STA (client) + SoftAP (software AP or server), where while you are connected to an AP as a station, you provide an "software" AP at the same time.

You can work together with AP and STA. The "so called" Soft-AP is is actually quite good.
The one problem as of now I found, It cant handle more than one server inside it. But One runs fine. And it can handle 255 sockets pretty good (just tested with slow data, dont know what will happen for large data). Probably because of performance issue Espressif has limited only 5 sockets (however, that can be overridden :) )
By bubba198
#5368 how an ESP module configured as a server is connected to the client is immaterial here. of course you can connect to the ESP which is configured as a server regardless of how the "physical" layer is handled meaning AP mode or client mode (client in context of wifi connectivity that is; not client as we are using it here for the TCP discussion).

So in summary you have to run few commands to configure the module as a server and then you can telnet to it from your laptop and once the connection is established anything you type in the telnet program will come out of ESP's serial port:

Code: Select allAT+CWJAP="blahblah","mapasswordbaby"
AT+CIFSR
AT+CIPMODE=1
AT+CIPMUX=1
AT+CIPSERVER=1,333
AT+CIPSTO=120
AT+CIPMUX=0

note the port 333; that's where you telnet to with the ESP's IP address of course
By legatus
#9466 I've got the same problem as the OP.

AT+CIPSERVER=1,80 (or some other port) says OK but if the the ESP8266 is connected to a wife as a Client (AT+CWMODE=1 or 3) the TCP server is not reachable. (in Serial Monitor no LINK appears) If you create an AP (CWMODE=2 or 3) an connect the other computer to that AP, the server works fine. (Link appears and packages can be interchanged)

As some posters already stated I also think that the Server is attached to the wrong interface or it is not attached to both AP an client interface. So i think it is a firmewareproblem. Did anyone find a solution?

My Firmeware Version is: 0.9.2.4 (AT+GMR: 0018000902-AI03). Maybe in some other firmeware this problem is already fixed. To those who got it working, it would be nice to post your version.

Thank you very much for your help :-)
By zacnotes
#12702 Ah! i searched for a long time to find any info on this issue, and ended up making my own post. Of course i find this after my post.

I have the same issue. Server won't talk to Station mode. anybody make any headway yet?